Scroll to Top
1BKE02

After the 400 Bar went dark a month ago, some light has finally been shed on the future of the Minneapolis West Bank live-music mainstay. The club’s...Continue reading »

mahdi-hashi.n

A British-Somali man, who earlier this year was stripped of British citizenship and subsequently went missing, has appeared before a US federal court to...Continue reading »

somalia-refugees

Kenya has tightened its decision to control the mushrooming number of refugees in the country by calling for support to have many of them return to Somalia. On...Continue reading »

Madaxweynaha Nairobi 4

Kenya and Somalia have stressed the need to revitalise the Joint Commission for Co-operation (JCC) signed between the two countries in September 2005 as...Continue reading »

Madaxweynaha Nairobi 5

Madaxweynaha Soomaaliya Xasan Sheekh Maxamuud ayaa la kulmey dhigiisa Kenya Mwai Kibaki xilli uu safar ku yimid magalada Nairobi. Labada madaxweyne ayaa...Continue reading »

eastleighimmi

Kenya’s order for all urban asylum seekers and refugees to report to two rural camps is in breach of international law, human rights group Amnesty...Continue reading »

Kenya-Kibaki-Somali President

JOINT COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE CONCLUSION OF A MEETING BETWEEN H.E. MWAI KIBAKI, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF KENYA AND H.E. HASSAN SHEIKH MOHAMUD, PRESIDENT...Continue reading »

Hashi-Profile-1-630x400

The family of a young Somali-British man who disappeared from Mogadishu believes he is being secretly held by US agencies, his father has told the Bureau. Mahdi...Continue reading »

dadaabcamp

20 December 2012 – The United Nations refugee agency spoke out today against public statements in Kenya linking the presence of refugees in that country...Continue reading »

eastleighimmi

Registration of new refugees is halted and all others ordered to one of nation’s two overcrowded camps. Kenya has ordered all refugees in the country...Continue reading »

gaas

NAIROBI (Xinhua) — Kenya should tread carefully before ordering Somali refugees living in urban areas to return to refugee camps, a former senior...Continue reading »

Somali-refugees

NAIROBI, Kenya – After enduring months of grenade and other explosive device attacks, Kenya announced new, more stringent controls aimed primarily...Continue reading »

ZAMBIA

A SOMALI employer yesterday shot dead a chef in Ndola allegedly after the two differed over payments. Holland Kabaso, 30, was shot dead around 11:30 hours...Continue reading »

eastleighimmi

NAIROBI, Kenya,Dec 13 – Bustling with business, the Kenyan capital’s Eastleigh district is dubbed “little Mogadishu” after the anarchic capital...Continue reading »

sign_language

I’m from Somalia in East Africa; I grew up in North Somalia. I was born able to hear, and throughout most of my life I could hear. When I was 14...Continue reading »

Eastleigh-Nairobi

Nairobi – Bustling with business, the Kenyan capital’s Eastleigh district is dubbed “little Mogadishu” after the anarchic capital...Continue reading »

kdf

NAIROBI, Kenya — Widely thought to possess the best military hardware in East Africa but little experience in conventional warfare, the Kenyan military...Continue reading »

Kenya_ethnic_map

In Kenya, we have had Kenyatta (a Kikuyu) as the president for 15 years. Moi, so far, the longest serving president Kenya has ever had, was there for close...Continue reading »

Garissa-map

Askari Kenyan ah iyo qof shacab ah ayaa lagu diley magalada Gaarissa ee xarunta gobolka waqooyi bari Kenya. Qof kale oo shacab ah ayaa ku dhaawacmay, iyadoona...Continue reading »

eastleigh-bom-1

Detectives are looking for the owner and occupants of a car they believe was used in Friday’s grenade attack outside a mosque in Nairobi’s Eastleigh...Continue reading »